Wedged sim with text overlay

2555   2   0
7 posts
Hello, I would like to do a simple wedge simulation and output geo and rendered files with comment on it.

It seem I fail to generate separate work item and got cascade of “Workitem overlaytext1_ropfetch1_12 failed”

I'm really confused about it.

Thanks !

Attachments:
FlipTop.hip (2.3 MB)

Staff
585 posts
To get more details on a failed work item, you can ctrl+mmb on ite and click “Show Log” to see the full output log for that item.

There are a few problems with the file you posted:

* The first Rop Geometry node is only cooking 1 frame of simulation, and the Rop Fetch point to an OpenGL node is only rendering the first frame. The overlay text then tries to process frames 10 to 15, for which there are no input files. The first rop geometry should be set to cook a frame range instead.
* The first Rop Geometry is cooking a simulation, so it should have “All frames in one batch” turned on. Otherwise, PDG will schedule each frame of work in its own process, and the job will take n^2 time to complete.
* The overlay text node doesn't need to be set to use a frame range. PDG nodes apply their logic for each upstream work item, so the overlay text should be set to “Single frame” because you want to generate one work item in that node, for each upstream render.

I've attached a fixed version of the file.
Edited by tpetrick - June 6, 2019 12:02:59

Attachments:
FlipTop_fixed.hip (2.3 MB)

7 posts
Thank you so much for your help !

I noticed among the problem, I was not using @pdg_frame parameters too, which quite a big deal and was not aware of that.
Edited by TF_LAR - June 7, 2019 09:54:55
  • Quick Links