Help With High Resolution Destruction Approach

2903   1   1
1 posts
Hi,

I am a new Houdini Apprentice user and would like some help/direction.

I have a semi high res asset(700K) that I am looking to destroy in a specific way but have run into some issues. I have combined parts of the model into 7 separate objs and have brought them into Houdini thinking this would a more manageable approach. I have reduced each further with poly reduce and cached to disk to hopefully ease the sims.

When I scatter and fracture I have independent pieces for each object rather than one large piece with the fractures(please see picture). How could I get the object to be treated as one large piece with the set number of fractures instead of each piece colored separately?

I feel like I am missing a fundamental concept here. I have looked at various tutorials, but cannot find info when dealing with this type of geo that is made up of thousands of pieces.

Thanks

Attachments:
Pieces.PNG (117.2 KB)
Scatter.PNG (327.7 KB)
Fracture.PNG (1013.6 KB)

3 posts
Well you just visualising the pieces, so each piece is colored with a random color. This won't affect your render. You can turn of the visualise pieces or put a color node and make everything white for example.

Also you could review your fragmented model with the exploded view node.

I hope this could help you.
  • Quick Links