PDG Mantra Render

1957   4   1
209 posts
Hi,

Can you please explain:
1. Why Mantra(ROPFecth) can't render if I referencing to a different subnet in PDG?
2. Why Mantra(ROPFecth) can't render SOP Context in PDG?

Correct me please if did some mistake.

Example file in the attachment (just try to render “Different_Subnet” and “Use_Sop_Context” TOP Networks).

Thanks
Ostap

Attachments:
sideFX_pdg_example_obj_conext.hip (421.6 KB)

Staff
585 posts
I'm able to reproduce the same issue using a pure ROPs set up. Basically, I replaced the TOP network and TOP subnet with a ROP Network/ROP subnet and replaced the ROP Mantra Output node with a regular Mantra ROP. It's not a TOPs-specific issue.

From some quick testing it seems like the camera and geometry need to live in the same object network. For example if I place a box named “box1” into the object network with the camera, and set the Force Objects to include “box1”, it renders fine. Same with using a full path “/obj/Use_Sop_Context/subnet1/objnet1/box1/”. I'm not sure why this is the case, though.
209 posts
Hi Taylor,

Is it possible somehow to fix/make it?

I understand that for ROP subnet it wasn't really an issue, because we didn't have connected data flow but now with PDG we can create geometry, cameras, lights inside a subnetwork and just provide a var. path to those objects to render. That could be useful.

The workaround is to dump all those things into the same object network with ObjectMerge.
But I would be appreciated if you explain limitation, why we can't work with a different object/sop network.

Thanks
Ostap
Staff
585 posts
I'm not sure why it behaves that way, I only discovered that limitation by trying out your .hip file. I've logged bug #99729 for you.
209 posts
Thanks!
  • Quick Links