Projected meshes get's offset

2456   6   0
9 posts
I'm making a terrain inside UE4 and I would like the ability to plug in meshes to project upon the heightfield.

The problem is - if terrain is not in the dead centre of the world - all projected meshes get's offset like so.

Anybody knows how to fix it?

Attachments:
offset.JPG (82.6 KB)

Staff
534 posts
Hi,

How is the input set up on your HDA?
If it's an exposed object merge, you have to be careful with the “transform type” parameter, as it dictates how the geometry is brought into your HDA. In your case, it should be set to “into this object”.

The “Keep world transform” checkbox on your input in unreal can also help to sort this out.
9 posts
Hello dpernuit!

Yes, it's an exposed object merge.

I just switched it to “transform: into this object” mode. And tried plugging geo again - unfortunately same result. It's still get's offset. But now it get's offset even if you have terrain in the centre of the level. Before - it was kind of working if terrain is at 0,0,0

I also tried changing keep world transform on and off - get's offset anyway.

Attachments:
offset_02.JPG (244.9 KB)

Staff
534 posts
Can you share your HDA so I can have a look?
9 posts
Yes, of course! Here you go.

Image Not Found

Attachments:
Sharur_terraintool.hda (93.7 KB)

9 posts
Still looking for solution
Staff
534 posts
Hi,

As I've mentionned yesterday, the issue is that your HDA's object merge input for the projected mesh is not set to “into this object”.
The other issue, is that, after the object merge input, you have a transform node that resets the mesh's transform to zero.

Here's a fixed version of your HDA.

Attachments:
Sharur_terraintool.hda (92.1 KB)

• Quick Links