Houdini 18 and older versions

3063   1   0
3 posts
Hi There,
now that R18 has been released I would like to ask a question:

Since in the middle of project ATM I would like to install the new R18 version and test the feature to adapt my pipeline tools. Also some of the third party plugin I am using not fully support the latest H18.
So My question is if is possible while updating the license server to keep using the older version 17.5 to finish the project. Or if I should wait for the third party to finally release the stable version before making the switch.

Thanks

Cristiano
2042 posts
If you currently have 17.5 installed then proceed to install H18, it will ask whether or no you want to keep 17.5 installed along with H18.

So you would be able to use both 17.5 and 18 concurrently.

If your on windows there may be only one issue (which I had a while back when using two different Houdini versions).

I couldn't switch the default Houdini version to use when clicking to open a hip file directly.(It may have been possible by uninstalling both version and re-install in different order).

So, I never bothered since it wasn't a big issue and just opened the files from Houdini(starting with desired version) instead.
  • Quick Links