UI scaling problem in H18

1869   3   1
3 posts
Hi All,

I installed H18 on a new laptop and I have a UI scaling problem (see attached picture). I haven't found anything similar on the forum.
I tried installing latest stable H17.5 and I had the same problem. I tried deleting houdini18.0 preferences folder, tried deleting the QT_SCALE_FACTOR environment variable (was set to auto before), tried setting Windows scaling to 100% and 150% and changing UI scaling settings in houdini itself. Nothing helped.

Am I just missing something or should I submit a bug?

Specs:
Houdini 18.0.287
Lenovo ThinkPad T480
Intel UHD 640, driver 26.20.100.7261
Windows 10

Thanks

Attachments:
h18_scaling.PNG (635.0 KB)

7717 posts
For a 1920x1080 screen resolution, you shouldn't be doing any scaling anywhere. Try to make sure that you have as default environment as possible first. Double-check that you don't have any Qt or Houdini related environment variables set, rename all “houdiniX.Y” folders to something else, disable all screen scaling preferences (or software). The only other thing I can think of is that there's some weird Qt and driver issue at play here.
3 posts
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately nothing mentioned helped. I found out it's a general Qt scaling issue on my specific setup. If I figure out a solution I'll post it here for future reference.
2 posts
Did anyone find out what's the problem? I tried everything but nothing helped.
  • Quick Links