HDA AutoCook?

2267   3   1
3 posts
Hey folks, I seem to have an HDA in my scene auto cook everytime I open the level. Any suggestions for getting it not to do so? This happens even if “cook on parameter change” is off.

It's a huge HDA so this is a pretty big bummer.Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Alex
34 posts
Are you sure it's recooking each time?
The engine is clever about its updates usually and on opening a map it should not do anything as the data generated should be there already.
What are your inputs / outputs ?
3 posts
Akelian
Are you sure it's recooking each time?
The engine is clever about its updates usually and on opening a map it should not do anything as the data generated should be there already.
What are your inputs / outputs ?
Its definitely recooking (my cook takes quite a while hard to miss). My inputs are linear curves and a relatively large terrain, my output is that same terrain. Only way I've found to get it to not cook is to have houdini engine set to autopause when Unreal launches.

One factor I was thinking of was that I haven't been baking out my landscapes, just keeping them live and deleting the original at level start. Perhaps that could be why
Staff
534 posts
Hi,

Normally, this shouldn't happen, the plugin normally only recooks on demand.
(new asset instantiation, parameter/input change on an existing HDA)

This does sound like a bug to me, you should normally be able to have a landscape + curve inputs in a HDA without triggering a cook upon loading a level.

What version of UE4 / H are you using?
Is that only on a specific instance of the HDA? (if you use the same HDA with similar input on another level, does that trigger the same issue upon loading?)
  • Quick Links