Solver problem

1725   2   1
20 posts
Hi all,
I have a small problem and I hope someone here can help me because I can't find out what did I do wrong.
I have a scene with growing crystal structure where I am using a few solvers and switches to animate the SOP Polyextrude “zscale” parameter. I have attached the file.
The first solver works as intended and “zscale” parameter increases with time by a random value driven by randomly genereted color.
Then, on frame 50 I subdivide extruded faces once and perform another Solver on it with a new parameter “zscale1” and a new SOP Polyextrude.
The problem is that “zscale1” increases and decreases (like the values are not adding up)over time which is the problem I can't solve. I want it to just increase over time.
I know that I probably just missed something and I would be grateful if someone could have a look and show me where did I make mistake.

Best regards,
Rob

Attachments:
crystal_growth_02.hiplc (245.7 KB)

8539 posts
it's because you are not using Prev_Frame at all just taking solver's first input every frame so your attributes are not being accumulated

append Attribute Copy right after Input_1, plug Prev_Frame to second input and set Attribute Name to: zscale1 insetscale1
that way your geo will still update from first input and those 2 attribs will accumulate as they are being copied from previous frame
Edited by tamte - Feb. 6, 2020 04:27:00
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
20 posts
Thank you very much - that was it ! . Thank you for the very quick reply. Have a nice day.
  • Quick Links