Vertex Animated Textures + PDG/TOPs

1808   2   1
9 posts
Hello,

We've built a TOP network that wants to bake out VAT textures and have fed it well but it doesn't ever end the work item. Is there any advice on what we could do to get the system to finish the task or perhaps a post render script that may have a trigger to tell PDG to move along ?

Thanks!

Matt Hermans
Electric Lens Co
Matt Hermans
Electric Lens Co.
Sydney, Australia
394 posts
Hey Matt. I'm going to need some more info. I did a quick test of a soft export with a local scheduler and it ran without any problems. What kind of VAT are you trying to export? What type of scheduler are you using in TOPs?

Just to be safe I've modified the VAT ROP to correctly report the generated files in a TOP network. Tomorrow's daily build of Labs will have that change.
9 posts
Hi Mike!

thanks for replying. We have a support ticket #87438 which has more info and repro examples.

It is a Soft VAT and trying local and Deadline - both don't seem to report the task completion back to the ROP Fetch.

We're using the Output Parm Name as “execute” to get the VAT ROP to run, have Evaluate Using set to Single Frame, Override Frame set to 1 and All Frames in One Batch ticked.

I think the repro file may help but let me know if you need anything else specific ?

Thanks!
Matt Hermans
Electric Lens Co.
Sydney, Australia
  • Quick Links