Houdini Render Farm Setup

2336   2   1
39 posts
Hi,

I'm trying to start a personal render farm using Houdini Indie and 2 Windows 10 computers. However, I am having a difficult time with getting the two computers to communicate with each other. I have been trying to follow this tutorial on setting up a render farm using Hqueue, but I got stuck around the 7:05 minute mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8xT-0febk8 [www.youtube.com] .

Due to my low level of experience with Houdini and network rendering in general, I have been struggling to accomplish this goal for several months now. So any suggestions on how I can get the render farm up-and-running while making it suitable enough to add additional devices in the future would be greatly appreciated.
114 posts
If you just have two computers, you might have an easier time with Deadline (free for two nodes).
55 posts
Only one computer should be installed as the server and the shared folder has to be mounted in the server and the client machines. In the “HQueue Server” field shoud go the name of the server machine with the :5000 (that is the port number).
  • Quick Links