Selecting objects with the move tool

1877   2   2
61 posts
Say I have a scene with two boxes in regular Houdini /obj context

I can activate the move tool, click a box, move it, click the other box, move it, all without deactivating the move tool.

If I have the same scene in LOPs, two cubes, and press t to switch to the move tool and drop an edit node, I can't select anything. To select one of the cubes I must select it AND press enter, only then have I made a selection that will work with the move tool.

Is this a bug? Or is there a toggle somewhere for this behavior? It feels incorrect and would slow set dressing tasks considerably.
Grant Miller
VFX Supervisor
Ingenuity Studios
710 posts
Hi Grant, use the Edit LOP for those kinds of transforms. One of the recent daily builds (.412) fixed a bug with the Edit LOP where you would have to first select your new prim and then hit Enter to bring up the handle. Now the behavior is closer to Obj/SOP land. You still can't click and drag stuff in one go, but hopefully that gets fixed as well.
61 posts
Oh that's great news, we're on .391 so that's probably why. I'm with you on click and drag in one go, it's especially useful when laying things out from a top viewport, glad that's getting fixed as well
Grant Miller
VFX Supervisor
Ingenuity Studios
  • Quick Links