KineFX, Twist Control for fullbodyIK

3370   7   2
36 posts
Hi friends,
how can I create a Twist Control for the elbow in the fullbodyIK like in the ikchains?
Thanks
7715 posts
I'd say that you need to set up a mapping to a “twist” joint for that purpose. But the issue will be you will then over constrain the fullbody IK so your mileage may vary.
36 posts
Thanks Edward!
2199 posts
Would it be possible to layer the twist on top after the full ik solve?
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
2199 posts
I just tried a toy test adding an ikchains sop after the full body ik solve and I do seem to be able to add additional twisting afterwards using that method. Just delete the tip point from the full body with a delete joints and use that as the goal and create your own twist point to feed into the ikchains sop.
Maybe there's an easier way….
The trick is finding just the right hammer for every screw
7715 posts
Yeah, I think that's a reasonable way of going about it. You could maybe get more efficiency back if you used a Rig Attribute VOP SOP where you directly feed the transforms you want to use into a Two Bone IK VOP so that you don't need to do so much geometry manipulation.
385 posts
can you share an example? i have an animated rig without goal or twist and i need to generate those for ik setup to fix feet sliding
Edited by papsphilip - March 31, 2022 13:43:42
7715 posts
For IK Chains? See https://www.tokeru.com/cgwiki/index.php?title=HoudiniKinefx#IK_Chain_Legs_Setup [www.tokeru.com] for an example of that.
  • Quick Links