KineFX Agent blendshapes

2100   3   1
390 posts
I am bringing in an FBX character through an Agent SOP and then adding different layers to that agent with an Agent Layer SOP.

How can I add blendshape channels to these layers? I'm using these agents in a crowd system and want to modify the blendshape channels in the sim, but can't figure out how to add a blendshape channel to an agent layer.

Both the Character Blend Shapes SOP example hip and everything I've been able to find online makes blendshapes in an OBJ subnet rig, but I can't figure out how to do this in my setup.

Thanks!
Staff
727 posts
Blendshape channels are part of the agent's rig, so if you're using kinefx it's probably easiest to ensure those channels exist in the input skeleton of the Agent from Rig SOP
390 posts
Thanks. So if I use an FBX Character Import SOP to get the skeleton and then feed that into an Agent From Rig SOP, how would I add an arbitrary channel to that skeleton to later use with blendshapes on geometry used as an Agent Layer?
Staff
727 posts
I think that node will look at the `clipchannels` detail attribute (https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini18.5/nodes/sop/kinefx--characterblendshapes#attributes) when adding blendshape channels to the agent's rig.
  • Quick Links