multiple hda listings of single hda

1102   2   0
9 posts
I was hoping I could get some help in making an hda that appears in multiple entries in the TAB menu. Basically, I want to emulate what sidefx has done with the attribute, point, primitive and vertex wrangle. These all generate the same hda, but with different values on the run over parm. I would like to make an hda that similarly has a couple of tab menu listing that generate the same hda with different starting values on the parms. Any ideas how to do this? I've been searching for answers but maybe I'm just not the correct key words in my searches.
8577 posts
those are just tools, no different from the ones used on shelves
you can create a new shelf tool that does whatever and make it appear in tab menu of any context, where upon picking it will execute the tool script
which in case of wrangles happens to create attribwrangle and set the parms to corresponding values

to see how it actually looks RMB on any shelf (or create a new one before) choose Edit Shelf Tab...
and from Tools select Primitive Wrangle and hit Accept
it will get added to the shelf
then on the icon press RMB/Edit Tool
and you will see how such tool looks like and how it set up in terms of the script and context
Edited by tamte - June 8, 2021 03:49:51
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
9 posts
Boy do I feel foolish. I’ve even done this exact thing before, silly brain just wasn’t making the connection I wanted.
Thanks you
  • Quick Links