objs not showing up in view

26661   31   1
45 posts
Ok I believe I have found it.

There is an area on this mesh that is from a ‘join’, which meshmixer does, which is farily unique I believe to other programs and prob. because its main purpose is 3d printing.

The area in question has an area where I did some sculpting behind an area ( stairs) and joined to original mesh.

Ive not used Houdini much, it was loading fine in blender ( forgetting meshmixer for now) so I didn't think anything of it.

I removed the ‘area’ from my mesh with a large selection making sure it was all s elected , and also tried to find a meshmixer mesh without that area having been altered yet, and both times it loaded fine in Houdini.

SO glad to fix this because I'm excited about working with Houdini to see overall if it can meet our game Developemt needs because other 3d apps we all use for such things can't do it.

Ty for your patience but its been fixed and I couldn't be happier about that , and being able to go fwd now and learn houdini.

I'm going to isolate the area, verify it won't load into houdini and attach it to this post , but for now I wanted to get this out so you all know its OK now.

TY
45 posts
OK well not so fast, I removed the area again to make sure it could be duplicated, and again upon load in houdini its not showing up even after spacebar G.

If I select area I thought was causing it and export ONLY that, it does show up in houdini, and its a VERY tiny part of the entire mesh, which is making me wonder, is it a clipping issue ?

I“ve been looking for far clip camera settings and I”m coming up empty, and I did bing for and try to search houdini docs so far I can't find it.

Help me out if you would .

ty
Staff
3455 posts
well again I don't think we can do much without a mesh to look at.
if you go through support@sidefx.com you can upload a file privately - SideFX deals with hundreds of companies in all sorts of areas and we're basically covered by every NDA you can imagine…
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
45 posts
arctor
well again I don't think we can do much without a mesh to look at.
if you go through support@sidefx.com you can upload a file privately - SideFX deals with hundreds of companies in all sorts of areas and we're basically covered by every NDA you can imagine…

Thanks to a tech support I was reminded of D in viewport which led me sadly to discvoer for some odd reason my mesh just won't show up.

Its not the ‘bad’ area I thought that it was so I have no idea what else it could be.

I respect the nda procedures you have in place but I also understand human psychology, well meant or not and I“m not ready to share the ‘full’ mesh in all its splendor ( laughter matters afterall , but i'm VERY proud of it ), so I”ll alter it , again, and if it still doesn't load into houdini, I WILL proudly upload it to sidefx.com suppport email and be glad to have a answer

ty so much for a incredible offering that houdini apprentice represents, its just an increible 3d app that I"m proud to try out and see if it fits in with our project and does what I need it to do at least as well as other 3d apps I've tried- and I've tried them all.

TY !
4189 posts
neighborlee72u
I respect the nda procedures you have in place but I also understand human psychology, well meant or not and I"m not ready to share the ‘full’ mesh in all its splendor ( laughter matters afterall , but i'm VERY proud of it )

Kind of sounding like neighborlee72u is a second pseudonym for the artist Rokudenashiko
45 posts
We know of her, think she is addorable but no, we , I'm afraid, are not her but imagine she'd get some ‘kick’ out of the comparison and proaboly make a SCULPTURE to commemorate the event , bringing further atention to causes we care a lot about, so ty for sending your message

1 posts
hi,
Heightfield and Terrain FX are not showing in viewport but only in render view (using apprentice version).
1 posts
Hello Bro, my Houdini viewport problem is solved this way......... Actually, Nvidia's latest Graphics-Driver Update_12.10.2021(496.13-desktop-win11-64bit) crates this viewport issue. After I uninstall it & install the old Nvidia-Driver_1.10.2019(436.48-desktop-win10-64bit), now everything is ok.
31 posts
mkroycgworld
Hello Bro, my Houdini viewport problem is solved this way......... Actually, Nvidia's latest Graphics-Driver Update_12.10.2021(496.13-desktop-win11-64bit) crates this viewport issue. After I uninstall it & install the old Nvidia-Driver_1.10.2019(436.48-desktop-win10-64bit), now everything is ok.
Thank you so much!

I just pumped into the same problem. All my houdini files are suddenly invisible in the viewport although they are all renderable in the redshift render view. I was really pissed. I uninstalled and reinstalled Houdini but it did not work. I suspected it might be my graphics driver. Finally someone had the same issue and solved it. Thank you!!!

I'll look for older version driver and try it right now.
31 posts
I downgraded my Nvidia graphics driver to 471.XX (dated Sep-21) and everything works again! @mkroycgworld Thank you !
Staff
5156 posts
You can also download a Daily build of 19.0 greater than 421 if you need to use the Nvidia 496 drivers.
31 posts
@malexander, thanks a lot for the suggestion. I'll give it a try later. Currently I need redshift for most of my projects. I'm waiting for its update for Houdini 19. I hope it won't take too long.
  • Quick Links