BUG: XPU does not render TGA texture files

1414   2   0
282 posts
I am listing this as a bug since, yes TGA is maybe used less these days, it is still a very valid format and older assets use them.

Anyway XPU completely fails and just renders black when a TGA file is used as a texture. As soon as I convert it to say jpeg, everything renders correctly.
https://www.thomaskchristensen.com [www.thomaskchristensen.com]
918 posts
I know the struggles with legacy assets and scenes. But textures after look dev should be .rats to begin with.

I have no insights to the internals of Karma but with Mantra such textures would be fully loaded into RAM and kept as MipMaps. Causing the render process to consume more RAM eventually. With Karma XPU and RAM still being a limit on GPUs I'd recommend converting those files.
7755 posts
Andy_23
I know the struggles with legacy assets and scenes. But textures after look dev should be .rats to begin with.

I have no insights to the internals of Karma but with Mantra such textures would be fully loaded into RAM and kept as MipMaps. Causing the render process to consume more RAM eventually. With Karma XPU and RAM still being a limit on GPUs I'd recommend converting those files.

karma also supports mipmapped exrs
  • Quick Links