Troubles to export into Maya

2977   5   1
3 posts
Hi everyone,

I need some help to export Houdini particles into Maya.

On my node workflow, I have two differents parts, a geometry part and a particle part.

So I exported the partcile part in Rop_Geometry to tranform it as an asset for Maya, I followed a tutorial which worked but on this export, the only thing that Maya shows me is an emptyPart.

What should I do ?
Hope to get some help with this.
Thanks
Edited by HyunSae - Dec. 8, 2021 05:38:22

Attachments:
Maya_PB.jpg (355.3 KB)
HOUDINI.jpg (109.7 KB)

Staff
463 posts
Can you please attach the HDA in question?
3 posts
Image Not Found

Attachments:
MAYA_APPARITION.hda (3.3 KB)

Staff
463 posts
This HDA references a bgeo.sc sequence. Could you please upload at least one frame?
3 posts
Image Not Found

Attachments:
Water_App.rop_geometry1.25.bgeo.sc (3.4 MB)

Staff
463 posts
It loaded properly into Maya for me. In Maya, if you go to Houdini Engine>Debugging>View Assets in Houdini, it will show you how Houdini Engine sees your scene. Check if any of the nodes are producing an error.

Another potential issue is that if your simulation starts with 0 particles visible. In this case, try setting the current time in Maya to where there should be active particles, and click sync. This is mentioned in the documentation:

In order to create the output nParticle node, the Houdini asset needs to be synced at (or after) the Houdini particle's start frame. If you have loaded your asset before the start frame, you will not initally see any output particles until you have set the time to the start frame and resynced.
  • Quick Links