Can't dirty and cook, PDG for Unity Terrain 2020.3.34f1

4787   7   4
1 posts
Hello, I have a problem, which can't be solved after checking a lot of information.
unity:2020.3.34f1, houdini:19.0.589
The first time I cooked, the result was correct. But i dirty&cook, and the result is wrong. At this point, the terrain will be flattened into a height map and the size will be reduced.
After checking, I found that the reason is that houdini's node added attributes other than mask and height to terrain, such as base, water, cliff, etc. If only the mask and height attributes are kept, I can normally dirty&cook.
How can I solve this problem? I'd appreciate any information!

Attachments:
FirstCook.png (337.2 KB)
DirtyAndCook.png (113.1 KB)

7 posts
I am having the same issue. Did you ever find a real solution to it? Thanks in advance.
9 posts
Did you try to blast other layers than height & mask just before your output? Other layers cames from Erode node I guess
Edited by grumiauxl - Oct. 7, 2022 12:50:10
7 posts
You are right, with blasting away the other layer it works. Some of those layers would be needed though for the texturing. But i guess i have to figure something out. Cheers
1 posts
Hi guys I'm having the same issue. Has anyone found a work around? I need the other layers for texturing.

I feel like I used to be able to have more than the Height and Mask layers, but updated recently so is this a new bug?

Also I'm getting an error in the unity console -

Assertion failed on expression: 'spResult == PixelAccessReturnCode::kOk'
UnityEngine.TerrainData:SetAlphamaps (int,int,single)

Cheers for any help
10 posts
I also have this problem, I only include layers I need for texturing:
I get the same error:

Assertion failed on expression: 'spResult == PixelAccessReturnCode::kOk'
Edited by swSharkBoy_02 - March 19, 2023 06:37:53

Attachments:
Screenshot 2023-03-19 110053.png (498.4 KB)
Screenshot 2023-03-19 113727.png (1.2 MB)

10 posts
Ill answer my own post, this was because the splatmap layers was not power of two. It's only the height that needs power of 2 +1
1 posts
swSharkBoy_02
Ill answer my own post, this was because the splatmap layers was not power of two. It's only the height that needs power of 2 +1

Thank you for this!
  • Quick Links