Houdini Niagara Updates

58543   69   83
1 posts
What has been the success rate for people running the Houdini Niagara Plug-In on UE4.27.0 ?
At my workplace, I want to request for out builds manager to add it to our engine, but I want to give him supporting evidence that it works properly.
thanks!
15 posts
Hello there,

Would like to know if there will be an updated version of this plugin for Unreal version 4.27 ?
If it is coming out soon, that would be amazing!
16 posts
Any update on Niagara for 4.27.2? Epic installer doesnt allow for 4.27.1 install
1 posts
Production of character cluster, character's two action switch when there is a jam, do you appear, how to solve?
10 posts
Hei,mikelyndon-sesi. im is your fans. You look like you haven't spoken on the forum in a long time. In 19.Houdini The tools turorial is old , I think you should append a new turorial ,Thanks mike~
20 posts
Just noticed this has been updated as of 10 days ago. Before I spend the time compiling it has anyone tested it? https://github.com/sideeffects/HoudiniNiagara/releases/tag/v2.3.0-UE5.00 [github.com]
155 posts
edit - I found a solution - I had to generate a fake N from orient inside Houdini and export both orient and N, then I used this normal as Look at the direction in "orient mesh to vector" module + orient as quaternion override + N as reference axis vector + 1 override incoming orientation. This feels like an overly complex answer to a simple rotation question.

I found a simple solution:
In "Orient Mesh to Vector"
1. Apply @up to 'Look at Direction'
2. Apply @N to 'Side Axis Direction'

hi
I am struggling with this.
Could you explain this a bit further?
thanks!
26 posts
I can' render out VAT ROP. Even from example files.
Checked both 20.0 and 19.5

Idk if you have the same problem.

LABS also deprecated Labs Flipbook Textures. So there is no way to properly use niagara + houdini.
Only with Niagara ROP but you have huge file with no collision and no optimization.

Quite sad about that.
13 posts
Igor Backstrom
I can' render out VAT ROP. Even from example files.
Checked both 20.0 and 19.5

Idk if you have the same problem.

LABS also deprecated Labs Flipbook Textures. So there is no way to properly use niagara + houdini.
Only with Niagara ROP but you have huge file with no collision and no optimization.

Quite sad about that.
What does it mean you can't render? You have any errors? Maybe share your hip file to check and help you.
20 posts
Does anyone know if Labs Niagara export json file has a cap limit for size or particle count?
  • Quick Links