Labs road tool not connecting roads

1253   1   0
2 posts
Hello,
I am trying to use the labsFX road tool. I can't get it to connect my roads nicely. I have roads that intersect very normally and it is just not outputting the way I would like. I have tried changing the Fuse Distance, but all it does it get rid of other roads instead of creating an intersection. It would be great to have tooltips explaining what each value slider does. The roads that do connect, have strange bends, even though the splines are not bent.

Attachments:
topView.png (564.2 KB)

2 posts
Ok, so I figured out how to tweak the input by hand so it fuses correctly. After resampling and fusing to a relatively low point count I moved the points manually back to where they should be. (I will try to get that done procedurally eventually, very new to houdini) And then got rid of any points that were so close to the intersection that they interfered with the length of the intersection.
Now my question would be what makes some of the middle points appear as the red type instead of green? It seems like a pretty straight path to me. Does anyone have any insight on that?

Also for making my manual labor procedural would it be possible to find where the splines intersect each other, and create a point there? And then from that point delete any points that are within a certain range of it?

Attachments:
topview2.png (542.0 KB)

• Quick Links