[Muscles & Tissue] Fast moving character

2208   2   2
1 posts
Hello,
I am studying muscle system and prepared a setup with a cycle inplace walk animation for my creature. That way, everything worked fine.
Next step i tried switching the old animation with a new one, running in space, much faster than before. The result now appears completely broken, seems like muscles cannot follow the bones promptly, they're remaining behind the bones and intersecting each other they are not able to deintersect.
I just tried to:
• increase the stiffness for muscle-to-bones and muscle-to-muscle constraints, in Properties Sop
• remove all damping values, in Properties Sop
• increase substep, in Solver
• increase constraint iterations, in Solver
• add velocity stiffness factor (fresh new property in 19.5.409), in Properties Sop
• add velocity blend, in Properties Sop
• enable velocity blending, in Solver
• increase velocity damping, in Solver

None of them worked or gave acceptable results. Any tips on how can i fix it? Thanks

(Update: increasing the Vellum Time Scale in the solver seems to reduce the error. Not sure this is the right workflow though)
Edited by mter - Nov. 3, 2022 08:25:34
Staff
125 posts
It seems like you've tried just about everything I'd suggest. Could you perhaps file a bug with a hip file for us to investigate?
Are the muscles gradually being left behind? Or are you describing what happens immediately on the init frame? If it's the latter, are you using a MusclePreroll SOP to blend your bone animation from tpose to init pose?
Thanks
john mariella
Senior Technical Director
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
1 posts
Hello!

This is still mter user writing from the Studio account, I hope it's ok,

Thank you for coming back to me.

johm
Are the muscles gradually being left behind? Or are you describing what happens immediately on the init frame? If it's the latter, are you using a MusclePreroll SOP to blend your bone animation from tpose to init pose?

The muscles are gradually left behind since there's an escalation of movement, the character stands still at the beginning and the MusclePreRoll SOP should not be necessary in this case since it's already in the animation.

We will also file a bug report with the hip file for you to investigate it,

Thank you very much!
  • Quick Links