Help needed with Houndini Apprentice (Please? =3)

9377   4   1
2 posts
Hi everyone! Okay, my problem goes something like this ~ I have the Houdini Apprentice CD, but when I try to Install it (on Windows ME edition) and it's running through the setup, it tells me it's preparing to Install before flashing up an error message saying (and I quote) “1155: File V:\WINDOWS\INSTMSIA.EXE not found” and then cuts off.
I considered the downloading it from Techimage option, but there's several probs with that. Main one being that my computer hates downloading, so we're looking at a 3-4 hour download period. That's combined with my internet usually getting bored and stopping, meaning I have to start over. And my internet always disconnects after 2 hours anyway, whether the line's active or not, which cuts off the download. Normally that wouldn't be a problem. With other large files I've dowloaded, once I'm reconnected and select ‘Download’ again it picks up where it left off. But what I've discovered with this file is that it doesn.t It goes back to the start of the 43.7MB download, making it impossible for me to download as a result of time constraints.
So to draw to a conclusion this explanation, does anyone know what this error is and if it's possible to get around it? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as no where else seems to be able to provide an answer.
Thanks in advance!
~Espeon
7025 posts
Hello,
Houdini only runs on Windows NT (sp6) Win2k (we recommend sp2 at least) and Windows XP. ME is not supported, sorry, which is likely your problem.

Cheers,

Peter Bowmar
2 posts
And I was sure I read somewhere it did… Oh well! Off to the other computer =3 Thanks for the help! ^.^
~Espeon
170 posts
It looks like Techimage server doesn't support resuming downloads.
You could use download utility of some sort. GetRight or something else.
The Things I Do For Love!
1 posts
Hi, I'm not aware of any reason that our server should not support resumtion of downloads. However, as a result of reading this thread, I've done a little check for myself and found that all seems well.
There are quite a few download utilities around, and I have no particular axe to grind. I would say that I have used ‘ReGet’ for some time and I find it to be very good. I found that ReGet was quite able to get multiple segments of a single file downloading simultaneously from our site, and to re-start an interrupted download without problem. There is getting on for 1 Gbyte of material on the Apprentice On-Line website, and most of it is in the form of large files for download. Many of these files are sufficiently large that I wouldn't personally wish to use my web browser to get them, for the reasons outlined earlier in the thread.
If there does seem to be any problem, of whatever nature, please let us know!
  • Quick Links