Animation Editor window randomly opens when editing text

671   2   1
6 posts
I have this weird issue where I'm editing some text, I go to use my mouse, and the Animation Editor window pops up.

The hot key for this window is bound to alt-shift-F and I'm definitely not pressing those three keys together at the time.

It happens randomly and I cannot reproduce, just now I was typing into the "Enable" field of a Switch-If node, I went to use my mouse and the window popped up.

Am I doing something weird? Maybe I'm dragging text or something, I don't think I'm pressing any keys at the time.
2548 posts
For me, the Animation window pops up when I press the V-KEY and the property panel has a keyed parameter. Have you pinned that window, perhaps?

NOTE: If I move the mouse over the 3D viewport, this cancels the V-KEY activation.
Edited by Enivob - Aug. 26, 2023 08:33:56
Using Houdini Indie 20.0
Windows 11 64GB Ryzen 16 core.
nVidia 3050RTX 8BG RAM.
2 posts
I've found it happens if I shift click when trying to select text, I wondering if that's what is happening to you. Unfortunately I have not found a fix other than to click and drag instead... of course I trigger it every time as shift clicking is ingrained into me 😣.

Let me know if you find a solution, i'd be immensely grateful.
  • Quick Links