changing viewport between OBJ and SOP level

751   6   1
217 posts
Hi and have a good new year,
I have objects on OBJ level under NULLs, changing the view to my needs.
Going into SOP level, I like to have the same perspective as in OBJ level, but the objects always are lost because they don't recognize the NULLs (That is logic ;o)

Any ideas?
Detlef
679 posts
Hey Detlef,

set this little icon to show or ghost other objects. This way you stay in OBJ transformation.
If it is set to hide other objects you dive inside the local space of the selected OBJ node.

Cheers
CYTE

Attachments:
Screenshot 2024-01-02 144029.jpg (5.6 KB)

205 posts
You could use the pin-icon as well. This will lock the window to the current hierarchy level.
217 posts
bollili
You could use the pin-icon as well. This will lock the window to the current hierarchy level.
... thanks but if I select a subobject ist jumps into the SOP content.
217 posts
CYTE
Hey Detlef,

set this little icon to show or ghost other objects. This way you stay in OBJ transformation.
If it is set to hide other objects you dive inside the local space of the selected OBJ node.

Cheers
CYTE

Hi,
a good idea but I have a lot of Objects I don't want to see/select in SOP-level.

I have some subnetworks on OBJ Level and inside a hundreds of object... came from CAD
679 posts
Maybe try a different way of importing your data. Houdini is in my opinion better suited to deal with a few OBJs containing lots of data. you can split and manipulate them via name attributes and groups. It's better than having hundreds of OBJ nodes.

Cheers
CYTE
217 posts
Hi,
we make technical illustration and need every detail for mounting instructions ;o)
I have some selfmade tools in python to sort things by name - thanks for your idea!
  • Quick Links