Linux License Server issue!!

7651   2   1
9 posts
Hi everyone!!!

Well, I've installed Houdini Apprentice 9.124, despite of some bugs related to SELinux, it was working fine, but, on day, the License Server stoped of serving licenses.

Now when I try to connect it says “cannot connect to c951f78d.virtua.com.br”. When it happens the License server do not show any license available and do not give me the server code.

Trying to solve the problem I changed the server to “localHost.localDomain” and now it shows the licenses for Master and Rende (both Non-comercial) and the server code, but the server shows a message telling “The server may not serve licenses” (or something like this), and it does not start Houdini.

Again, trying to fix the bug, I downloaded and installed the latest version of Apprentice (9.179), but the problem remains.

What to do??

Can anyone helpe me???

The machine:
Notebook Compaq Presario X6000;
ATI - Mobility Radeon X600 - Prprietary Driver (8.2)
Fedora 8

Thanks a lot for everybody!!!!
Staff
1449 posts
most likely your machine name changed and the Houdini licenses are bound to old name.

In the License Administrator, go to View > Diagnostic Information… and make sure that the “License server name:” line reports the same host name as it is listed in the “license file:” printout next to SERVER key.

If these are different, you can try renaming the machine back to what it was (ie, whatever host name is given in the SERVER key) using “hostname” command. Otherwise you will need to obtain new licenses for the new machine name.

If you still have problems, please post the diagnostic info here (or send it to apprentice@sidefx) for more help.
9 posts
Hi rafal!!!

Thanks a lot for the help!!!

Through your explanation and the Diagnostic Information from the License Server I could realise the problem raised when I turned the SELinux off, so that, it relabeled my system and reset the host name to localHost.localDomain.

I renamed it to the domain I sent before and now Houdini is working!!!

Thanks a lot again!!!
  • Quick Links