Uninstalling Houdini from IRIX?

3774   3   0
711 posts
Hi, I have some problems with my installation of Houdini. I was using Apprentice 6.0.249 and it was working ok, but when I installed build .286 the license manager got messed up. It reports version 4x for some reason and says I need to upgrade to a newer version, but of course the only Houdini I had on this machine was Apprentice 6. It's the same problem as this person was having…

http://odforce.net/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=15&t=937&s=642fb126ace42c879e3e7a944dd18706 [odforce.net]

So my question is, where do I uninstall Houdini in Irix so I can start fresh? It doesn't show up in the Software Manager or the Remove Product gui, there must be another way to uninstall it. :?

Thanks in advance.
1631 posts
Hey DaJuice,

First, you stop hserver and sesinetd withhserver -q
/usr/lib/sesi/sesinetd.startup stop

Next, you remove /usr/hfs6.0 (assuming this is the name of the directory where 6.0.249 is installed) withrm -r /usr/hfs6.0
and also /usr/lib/sesi with rm -r /usr/lib/sesi

Once done, please install the new 6.0 build and make sure you also install the licensing tools.

You must have root access or administrative privileges to perform the steps above and also, please be careful what you delete/remove.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers!
steven
711 posts
Thank you Steven. I can't do it right now, but I'll try it later and let you know how it went.
Thanks again.
711 posts
Problem solved!
Thanks a million. Also the bug with the previous build, where files would corrupt with shaders in the scene, appears to be gone.
  • Quick Links