camera projection mapping?

6735   3   0
9 posts
Hello everyone,

I have been searching the help files for a technique to do camera projection mapping in houdini 6.0 and am not having any luck

It a technique that is possible in maya and lightwave, so hopefully houdini can handle it as well.

It involves projecting my background image (live plate) from the camera onto geometry as a texture so I can then do animation on the geometry for perspective shifts and other fx.

Does anyone know if it is possible or if there is a workaround??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Waibeans
1631 posts
Hi waibeans,

In the UV Texture SOP, there is Texture Type “Perspective from Camera” which is what you're looking for.

Cheers!
steven
4140 posts
There's also a raft of other issues to deal with, but I assume if you've done this with other packages then you're familiar with them. For example you'll often have a cam that doesn't move which you will project from, then move another cam. This still doesn't deal with geometry behind geometry from the projected cam, though - so there's more to it than simply projecting and then moving around.

Also, many people prefer to project from a light, which is possible too. As usual, there's many approaches in Houdini…

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
9 posts
great..

I will try out the uv texture sop solution.

thanks for the help!

Waibeans
  • Quick Links