how to get multiples UV from external 3D apps?

3501   4   1
615 posts
i did a character in Modo and it has 2 sets of UVS,
and import it to Houdini as Collada so it gets multiple UVs sets (opose to OBJ that only support 1)

if i do Space+5 i only see 1 UV set.

how can i see the Uv set of the objects, and also how can i tell a material (in my case the basic material) to use wich UV set?

i want the material of the skin use the texture of the skin i created and they eyelashes use a texture for transparency.
1390 posts
pelos
i did a character in Modo and it has 2 sets of UVS,
and import it to Houdini as Collada so it gets multiple UVs sets (opose to OBJ that only support 1)

if i do Space+5 i only see 1 UV set.

how can i see the Uv set of the objects, and also how can i tell a material (in my case the basic material) to use wich UV set?

i want the material of the skin use the texture of the skin i created and they eyelashes use a texture for transparency.

Layer SOP.
615 posts
Hi, i am Asumming something like this? right?
the first layer set to 1 and the next to 2.
for some reason i am not getting the UV of the body, (that is the first one i did and the one UV i cant see on the UV space+5.

i am missing something? (i will recheck the DAE, did export the 2 uvs correctly)

Attachments:
Houdini_UV_Mats.jpg (112.9 KB)

1390 posts
Sorry, my fault. I was too lapidary. Yes, Layer SOP allows you to add uv sets or display existing one in a viewport. To use them in a shader though, you need to use Shading Layer VOP. Multiply uv sets are just another uv attributes with digits appended. So it's like a uv1 uv2 uv3 etc. LayerSOP loops around them, but shaders can use them as is, using proper attributes names.
615 posts
is ok, some times people need to know where to find, and i just wanted a little bit info since Houdini have so many nodes .

well mean time i workaround, and i put the UV of the body and the UV of the Eyelashes in the same UV. and did 2 groups and 2 materials, 1 for each. mean time i figure how it works.

Thanks again.
  • Quick Links