Chops troubles.. (remapping channels with a graph/channel)

3941   5   1
196 posts
Hi,

I've got a channel in chops ranging from values of 0 to 1. I want to be able to remap these values using another wave in chops.

So one input channel. And one remapping channel (with a spline chop attached for editing).

I've tried all kinds of stuff, including exporting everything to sops (which was messy).

Any ideas would be very appriciated.

Thanks

I can draw was well see!
Henster
196 posts
Sorry if anyones started replying. But, I got it working soon after I posted again. Can you delete posts?
Henster
1631 posts
Hey Henster,

Instead of deleting this post, why not post your solution instead? This is so others will know how to remap channels or curves in the future.

Cheers!
steven
196 posts
Sure, love to.

I started with one input curve(driven from an audio file) and a ‘remapping curve’ which I created from a constant chop followed by an expression chop containing the expression
$I followed by a spline chop for editing.

I then ran both these into an expression chop containg the expressionic(1,0,$V)
I had to add scalars next to the $V and around the whole expression due to (I think) one of the curves being resampled when connected into the chop.

Now when I move the spline nodes it effects the audio driven curve.

Hope that makes sense!
Henster
412 posts
Henster: do you think you could post the solution some where if you don't mind (i also understand if you don't want to as well.. :wink: )?

I'm just having a hard time following your solution and I'm really interested in how you did this.

thanks,

dave
Dave Quirus
196 posts
Hi Deecue,

Sorry about the delay. Had a big deadline.

I made a new hip in illustrate it. Edit the spline1 sop to change th ramp. I think this principle can be applied to a lot more stuff than just colour.

Try changing the botoom left panel to chops after opening. I think the display flag is set…

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/thehenster/Henster/post.hip [homepage.ntlworld.com]

cheers
Henster
  • Quick Links