OCIO Role for Render Working Space

   444   2   1
User Avatar
Member
26 posts
Joined: March 2021
Offline
Hello, I'm using Houdini 21.0.671 in windows and after loading my OCIO config (essentially ACES studio-config-v3.0.0_aces-v2.0_ocio-v2.4) my Render Working Space is set to ACEScct, but I'd like to set that to ACEScg. Is there a role that can specify that? I've tried setting scene_linear and rendering but to no avail. Thank you!
User Avatar
Member
35 posts
Joined: Aug. 2021
Offline
Hello. It's a quick fix. Go to Edit > OCIO Settings which is going to open up OCIO Editor. Change "render working space" from ACEScct to ACEScg.

Another good practice, scroll down to exr under File Rules and change it to ACEScg. It will fix desaturation issue when exporting rendered images.

I hope this helps!
Edited by Italimpex Productions - Aug. 20, 2026 17:23:35
Italimpex Productions
CGI Studio specializing in directing and producing advertisements & films
User Avatar
Member
26 posts
Joined: March 2021
Offline
Italimpex Productions
Hello. It's a quick fix. Go to Edit > OCIO Settings which is going to open up OCIO Editor. Change "render working space" from ACEScct to ACEScg.

Another good practice, scroll down to exr under File Rules and change it to ACEScg. It will fix desaturation issue when exporting rendered images.

I hope this helps!

Ah, thank you! I was more hoping to have the OCIO config control it so the users don't have to manually set it themselves. I believe I found the issue though. I was using an alias for the scene_linear role and it looks like houdini did not like that. Using the full Colorspace name and I'm working now.

Thanks again!
  • Quick Links