Right Mouse Button Problem

6373   1   1
1 posts
Can anyone help me with my right mouse button problem, it does not work? I have a Pentium IV dual drive, dual boot set-up, using an nVidia GeForce2 MX graphics card, with 512MB of RAM. On the first 60 GB hard drive I'm running Windows Me. On the second 60 GB hard drive, I'm running Windows 2000 Professional. On this second drive, I have installed the Houdini Apprentice program. When I run the program, my left and middle mouse buttons work, but when I press the right button, I get no pop-up menus, etc. All I get is a little hand with a finger pointing left (or sometimes I get a phantom pop-up menu that is visible only for an instant). I've checked my Windows mouse settings options, but everything seems to be in order there. I purchased a new 3 button mouse, but have the same problem with that. I also have Maya 4.0 installed on this same hard drive and I have the very same problem in that program, however, the right mouse button works in all the other Windows applications. Does anyone know the solution to this problem or does anyone know a work-around (alternative) to using the right mouse button if this problem cannot be solved? Any help is appreciated.
639 posts
Hi Derek,

Did you install any sort of mouse software? Usually if you do install the mouse software, this may cause some problems with graphics software in general.

After you make changes to your mouse software, you may have to reboot to get it to work. (At least the HP machines in my school has to do that…)

Cheers,
Alex
  • Quick Links