Houdini 10.0.293 Changing Desktop on OSX (10.5.7)

7013   8   0
191 posts
If I change the desktop to Look_Development or any other available desktop, houdini loads the desktop and then i get a lot of RMB popup windows.

Houdini is freezing. I have access to the application menues but its not possible anymore to klick something or pressing a shortcut.
1904 posts
I'm able to change desktops just fine, but strangely enough I got this exact same problem last night when I hooked up a second monitor and tried to maximize my Houdini session on it: Some random RMB menu popped up and I was unable to do anything but kill the process.
Graham Thompson, Technical Artist @ Rockstar Games
191 posts
very strange but for me it works without a second monitor
191 posts
wit the actual build 295…it's the same behavior :-(
43 posts
I'd log a bug to let sidefx know about it if I were you.
77 posts
i am still in osx 10.5.6 and i get the same @#$%@#$% problem. :twisted:

i've gotten very good now at using the BUILD desktop as it is the only desk that works. :roll:

LOL
191 posts
it's reported as a bug #35759
18 posts
I also see this behaviour when opening a floating channel editor by shift+MMB on a parameter in the parameter pane. As soon as I resize the floating channel editor via the grab area in the lower right corner the context menu (RMB menu) of the channel editor appears flickering on and off very rapidly (a few hundred times a second on estimate) and the context menu is also following the mouse in dragging the grab area. Once the drag process is completed one is left with a stray context menu which can't be closed other than to close the floating channel editor or to exit Houdini completely.

The 10.5.7 update although it installs just fine it seems to break quite a few apps on the high end side. Well, ok, it doesn't exactly break them but in extreme cases it makes them only usuable/bearable with a very small autosave intervall
77 posts
omg. are they EVER going to fix this bug?!

geez.
  • Quick Links