aplinkThe .bgeo file does not contain the actual shaders, only (possibly) pointers to them via SHOP reference attributes (see shader SOP). You thus have to copy/paste the SHOPs from one file to the second (select them in the first file, hit alt-c (or is it ctrl-c?) and then open the second .hip file and hit alt-v (ctrl-v?), and reset the material at the OBJect level (if it was set in the first file).
I tried ROP Output Driver SOP, to write file to disk with bgeo format.
Still, i can not render after i import the bgeo file to a new houdini.
writing obj to disk
12009 23 2-
- Antoine Durr
- Member
- 321 posts
- Joined: July 2005
- Offline
-
- aplink
- Member
- 365 posts
- Joined: April 2008
- Offline
Thanks anyway.
Actually i did the same thing already you instructed me even without knowing bgeo file does not include the shop. Now, it's good to know and confirm it.
But, after all, i still can not render the objs. Mantra even does not start only with waning at the mantra node. Can you help me.
I did write two objs in sop separately to disk by connecting “file sop” to the end of the network and imported them individually back to a new scene level and attached them back carefully for each frames.
But, still can not render them. I am stuck with this problem for weeks.
Can any one in the world possibly help me ?
Steve
Actually i did the same thing already you instructed me even without knowing bgeo file does not include the shop. Now, it's good to know and confirm it.
But, after all, i still can not render the objs. Mantra even does not start only with waning at the mantra node. Can you help me.
I did write two objs in sop separately to disk by connecting “file sop” to the end of the network and imported them individually back to a new scene level and attached them back carefully for each frames.
But, still can not render them. I am stuck with this problem for weeks.
Can any one in the world possibly help me ?
Steve
-
- Antoine Durr
- Member
- 321 posts
- Joined: July 2005
- Offline
aplinkWell, that Mantra warning might be pretty relevant! What is it complaining about?
Mantra even does not start only with warning at the mantra node.
Can you render a box? Can you render a box with the material you're using? I.e. is there something busted between Houdini and Mantra, or is the material unrenderable, e.g. crazy displacements? Can you render your geometry without a material? Will it render with the material, but with a completely different camera? From close up, or only from far away? There are lots of sequential steps like this that you can use to debug why something might not be working.
-
- aplink
- Member
- 365 posts
- Joined: April 2008
- Offline
Thank you.
I noticed “ broken pipe ” in houdini shell when even the default mantra does not start.
I can now render the imported bgeo with texture. but, i do not see the progress screen.
Anyway it's rendering and i can load it to Mplay.
However, I have to relaunch Houdini when sometimes it is NOT rendering.
I wonder why ? can you help me further ?
Thank you very much for your help.
Steve
I noticed “ broken pipe ” in houdini shell when even the default mantra does not start.
I can now render the imported bgeo with texture. but, i do not see the progress screen.
Anyway it's rendering and i can load it to Mplay.
However, I have to relaunch Houdini when sometimes it is NOT rendering.
I wonder why ? can you help me further ?
Thank you very much for your help.
Steve
-
- Quick Links
