CHOPS and Music Driven Color

3475   4   2
57 posts
I am following Peter Quints CHOPS Music Driven Animation 3 Tutorial and I am wondering how I can the the Boxes to have a random color per object? If possible the color can change over time? I modified it using a Grid Object.
Also when I re-open the file I get a console sampling error that says something about it not handling the rate and about it going from 24 to 4400 or something like that.
DJ
“Nothing is just Black & White”- look at the Yin/Yang symbol
57 posts
An update: I solved the audio error by changing the sampling in several areas. Instead of copying to a grid I have just decided to use the Copy Node and adjust copies to more than 1. I have been busy with other stuff and will work on the colour starting tonight.
DJ
295 posts
Yes. You should be able to use an expression in the color for the geometry. Take a look at the Color SOP. Or use a simple shader and change the color there.
Houdini Models [learning3dfromscratch.blogspot.com]
57 posts
Sorry this update is late: I solved what I was looking for by adding a Color SOP and choosing Random and in the seed I put rand($FF)
I will post my network and/or the file sans audio for copyright reasons.

DJ
57 posts
Now I just need to get it so I just have the Top Primitive to use the flashing colour and keep the other's with a constant. Also to get them to render flat-shaded.

This will be used as also as a screen-saver and a version will have the voicing's modulated into Dalek Speech Patterns.(If anyone knows of a good setup for this in the CHOP Network Setup: I welcome the ideas.) I am going to do a fun animation test with this also with a Sherlock Holme's CBS Radio Broadcast that I got on CD.{THE COMPLETED FILE w/AUDIO WILL NOT BE GIVEN OUT DUE TO COPYRIGHT ISSUES.}
The previous is not yelling just putting it in bold so the statement is noticed.
DJ
  • Quick Links