Best way for volume to image sequence

3700   4   2
383 posts
I create volumes from image sequences and do some processing and filtering in 3D and would like to get the slices of the volume into COP to do some 2D filtering. I guess i would have to write an image sequence of the slices of the volume to do this, but what would you suggest would be the best way to get there ?
My first idea was to copy the volume into a python numpy array and from there with pyEXR or something similar, but I thought maybe there is a more native houdini way to do this ???!!!
www.woogieworks.at
8548 posts
best way would be to sample volume directly in Vop Cop Generator
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
Staff
2540 posts
Can you build a VOP COP Generator that reads the volume geometry and does the slicing and filtering directly in COPs?
Run a sequence where you slice through the volume at a different point per frame?

Attachments:
cop_volume_slice.hip (67.3 KB)

There's at least one school like the old school!
383 posts
I dont have a problem with generating an intermediate image sequence, but I will have a look into the vop COP generator. Thanks a lot for the tips.
www.woogieworks.at
383 posts
jeff
Can you build a VOP COP Generator that reads the volume geometry and does the slicing and filtering directly in COPs?
Run a sequence where you slice through the volume at a different point per frame?
OMG !!! I just opened your hip file and this is exactly what I was looking for !!
I just love houdini and its way of solving things !!!
This is much better than my python -> numpy -> python exr way of solving this problem !
www.woogieworks.at
  • Quick Links