GF4 + Houdini Smooth Shaded / Shaded ugly clipping problem

5684   2   0
8 posts
Hi.

I am ru,nning Houdini on a Athlon 2100+ GF4 128MB (latest official drivers), with 1.5 GB SYSTEN DDRAM. When I am in wireframe mode, everything is ok, as soon as I switch to any of the shaded modes, I get ugly cliping things on top of items getting burried in textures of underlying objects, basicaly completly unworkable display, I tried the double buffer setting but turning it off just made my screen flicker when I do View. Please help! There must be people using GF4 who are not running into this problem? Thanks!

Denis.
7710 posts
Not really clear on your exact problem without a screenshot. However, If you hit the lowercase ‘d’ key with your mouse in the viewport, it will bring up the Display Options dialog. Under the Wireframe tab, there is a setting for Hidden Line Sensitivity. Try setting these to really low values. Try 1, 0.1, 0.01, 0.001, etc.
8 posts
It has to do with the Culling settings I beliave because I can fix bits of it by adjusting the Near/Far Clipping Planes.. Its a bit but I saw a post here and it seems a common problem with OpenGL. It would be nice to know if there is a setting that will work in most situations, right now it looks like I have to adjust the settings depending on where I am looking from. Thanks.

PS. I dont have any way to post a screenshot
  • Quick Links