fracture glue object

6382   2   2
20 posts
hi,
i try to fracture one object that i make it with glue network but no think happen when i applicate the magnet force in dop.
i try to increase the magnet force change somethings in glue network but the problem is not sloved.
please anyone can help. thanks

Attachments:
GlueFracture.hipnc (519.5 KB)

Staff
2540 posts
The Glue Constraint Network doesn't react to external forces directly as it has been designed. Only on collision impacts that exceed the strength value.

With the case of Forces such as the Metaball Force, they don't register as impacts anyway so the only way to do things is to literally dissolve/blast the primitives in the constraint network holding things together.

You can use the SOP Solver to do this in conjunction with the Glue Network Constraint DOP.

See the SOP Solver attached to the Glue Constraint Network DOP to see one method of importing the Metaball object and using a Magnet SOP to modify point Cd and then using the Green as a threshold to blast away edges to release rbd pieces from their Glue Constraints.

It's the primitives sharing two points that determine the glue relationships. Remove each primitive in turn and you remove the constraint driven by that primitive. You can keep the points around for further work but it's a bit tricky so blasting is brute force as deleting points will delete all other primitives (constraints) shared by deleted points as well so it can be a bit aggressive but it works well.

Attachments:
gluefracture_950_sopsolver_jw.hipnc (874.8 KB)

There's at least one school like the old school!
20 posts
thank you jeff it wok very well now
  • Quick Links