Disappearing geometry

5253   3   1
27 posts
I know someone else has posted this problem - and it relates to my post a day or 2 ago

when I open a previously saved file …
(e.g. open file from Apprentice cd, save as, reopen off HD)
I then get empty viewports
- during the open process I get this error message:

Error: bad node type found: omantra
Unknown operator on load omantra1.def
Unknown operator on load omantra1.parm

–anyone know what's going on?
should I just unistall/reinstall?
won't that cause problems with the license?

thanks
2 posts
I get it as well……anyone know a solution?
… don't be suprised if what you think you know differs from what you do know. Let it humble you, and you will learn so much more. Because in this field, you will never stop learning.
14 posts
Hey dudes,

I don't exactly have an answer for this but i've been dealing with it for a while and I don't even know the cause yet.

The following thread may be key to solving this problem, you should check it out. My current suspicions are in the houdini variables eg. $HFS, $HOME etc… but i'm not sure what yet. I'm pretty useless, so check out this thread:

http://www.sidefx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=274&highlight=fatal+error [sidefx.com]
14 posts
ok, i think i've figured out my problem. i don't know if it will help anyone else, but this is what i did wrong.

you need the HOUDINI_COPTOPMAT variable set to 1 in your environment variables in order to use Materials, Tops, cops. Well, I set the variable in the user variables for just me, instead of setting it in the main ‘system variables’ section. If i would have followed the instructions how to do this in the 1st place, i would have been fine. i guess i was just trying to be safe or something by only setting it for me.

Anyway, it seems like i'm able to open all of my files properly again so hopefully that solved it.
  • Quick Links