Workflow FLIP/RIGID Body Export to File

5173   4   1
191 posts
In my fluid SOP I have the abbility to render out the fluid particles and/or fluid surface as bgeo.

I also have a RBD object in my Simulation. So if I render out a sim file from the autodopnetwork I have no access to it in my fluid sop to export out the particles or the surface of the pluid.

So do I have to run the simulation twice? for the export of the particles/surface of fluid and the rbd object?

Thanks
Staff
809 posts
You can use a network of Fetch ROP nodes in /out to do this. Create a FileCache node to save out your RBD sim, then point one Fetch ROP at its internal “rop_geometry1” node. Then use another Fetch to point at the import_fluid's “render” node.

Plug both of these ROPs into a Merge ROP, then just Render from the Merge. The default order is Frame by Frame, so for each frame the RBD will write out, then the fluid.

You could just use merged Geometry ROPs instead of Fetch-ing if you like, but I personally prefer the workflow of having FileCache and DOP I/O inside my network.
191 posts
Hi johner,

i didn't really used the fetch node. The file node in the autodop is clear for me but I don't know where to put the fetch nodes.

I have attached a hip file. Maybe you can put in the missing nodes as you described, if you don't mind.

Many thanks

Attachments:
test_scene.hipnc (1.3 MB)

Staff
809 posts
Attached, look in /out, and render the Merge ROP.

Attachments:
test_scene_fetch.hipnc (1.3 MB)

191 posts
Hi johner, thanks and it works :-)
  • Quick Links