Muscle system

2558   2   1
1755 posts
Hi all,

I'm a Softimage user slowly but surely transitioning to Houdini and I'd like to probe this subject (in the title) a little.
Can you share your experience with muscles in Houdini and what do you make of it?
How does it compare to other solutions in other apps, do you find it easy to work with and more importantly, can you obtain great results assuming you know your way around Houdini?

Thanks in advance for your input.
Staff
2540 posts
There are a few approaches to Muscles.

Start off by tearing apart the toon character on the Auto Rigs shelf. It uses muscles for all skin deformation.

The rig shelf tools support muscles as a capture workflow. You add your muscles constraining them to nulls or bones on your rig. Just dig in.

The muscles influence skin in the Muscle Deform SOP and can support sliding and more.
There's at least one school like the old school!
1755 posts
You've misunderstood what I'm interested in hearing out from people, but that's most likely my fault (see below) - I'm not interested in a tutorial or technical support, but rather what experiences did people have, good or bad, did they obtain what they were looking for or the results were not quite good and if the latter, was it because the lack of experience from the user or Houdini lacks certain tools/features?

Looking at the forum section I've posted and back to what I'd like to discuss here I realize that I probably misplaced this thread.
I ask a mod to move this to the appropriate section.
Thanks.
  • Quick Links