Houdini to Maya Export

10170   9   1
11 posts
Hi,

i have an problem with importing some objects from houdini to maya as alembic file.

I get this error:

// Warning: |geo1|rest1 UVs aren't per-vertex or per-polygon per-vertex, skipping //

Does anyone know, how i can fix it?
184 posts
Sounds like there are no vertex UVs. Houdini allows you to use Points for UVs, but these are internal to Houdini. You'll want to use an AttribPromote to move them to Vertex class (or assign them to Vertex when you create them).
11 posts
mhhh sorry i dont understand. I have here the original UV Test File. I hope someone can help me. Im so confused. The first file “ZweiteEtage.obj” works very well.I have a good UV in maya. The second file is the same only more subdivisons and extrudes. But by this file i get this error.

Attachments:
UVTest.rar (54.7 KB)

25 posts
How about changing Alembic format type to HDF5?
I've got some problems when I export fluids mesh to Maya but it worked )
11 posts
Thank you very for your help. The AttribPromote was the soulution.
@auratuslemma: Is it possible that i export particles from houdini to maya?

Because i want to destroy a house.So i want create the simulation in houdini , the smoke in fumefx for maya, the textures in mari and the rendering in maya with vray.

Thats the reason why i hope i can export the particles from houdini to maya.

Anyone know a solution?
25 posts
Okay good!

But your question… That's where I'm exactly being stacked too..

I've tried an idea exporting HDF5 format and including some object at some first frames to avoid empty error. It seemed exporting Alembic worked well without any errors but the error came out as I inserted it into Maya, which is “// Error line 1 particleShape1 Object not found for -object flag. // ”.
99 posts
As far as i know, you cant import any particles into maya with alembic, even the ones you've just exported from maya itself
11 posts
mh this is bad.Does anyone know an other solution. Maybe rendering the simulation in maya, the smoke in houdini and then i merge it in nuke?
99 posts
there's always realflow's *.bin
11 posts
ok i will test it. An other question anyone knows some good beginner tutorials.
Of course this site have some good tutorials .But i search after tutorials that explain only one node and not a specific problem. For example an Tutorial about the vopsop or the Foreach node .
That would be cool. Because sometimes i have problems with the houdini help and i dont understand anything.
  • Quick Links