Questions about procedural lesson one column smash

2183   1   0
2 posts
Hello,

I am having some trouble getting the base of the column to look like the example shown in the tutorial. This is what I get

The highlighted yellow part is supposed to be curved nicely but no matter how I scale or inset the polyextrude above the original box it doesn't occur.

Also, I changed my number of frames to 50, and when I click play the base of all the columns start fracturing immediately without the ball touching them. I tried changing the calculate mass to none and overriding it and giving it a mass of 5000 but it still occurs.

Thanks for any help!
11 posts
At first glance, it looks like you selected the incorrect edge for the bottom polybevel, but your node network doesn't look like the network in the tutorial. If you're following the tutorial steps exactly, the polybevel SOP should be under the polyextrude5 SOP. (Also, it should be polybevel1 if you're following the steps. polybevel3 suggests that you're selecting the three edge loops separately instead of all three at once.)

I've written about fixing the fracturing problem in another forum thread: http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=32447 [sidefx.com]

Basically, instead of fiddling with the mass of the columns, you need to tweak the lower bound on the force needed to cause shattering to happen. To do this, dive into the AutoDopNetwork node, select the fractureparms node, and then change the Min value for Min/Max Impact parameter under the Impact tab.
  • Quick Links