viewport navigation - alt and space unresponsive

6296   5   2
86 posts
Hello

Every now and again while navigating the viewport I get to a point where the alt and space keys stop working. I can move about the menus, views and browsers but everything seems to be locked when I try and navigate the viewport.

It's got to the point that this happens a few times during a session and I am forced to restart so I can carry on working.

A colleague of mine who has just started looking at Houdini reports the same problem. What are we doing wrong? Is this a common issue or are we just unlucky :?
restposition.co.uk
4189 posts
Never seen it, before restarting try creating a new Scene View.
Staff
5161 posts
Which OS are you running (and window manager, if Linux)?
7 posts
Yes, I can corroborate this:

It's like I am stuck in ‘tumble’ mode. Wherever I click and/or drag in the UI, all it does is tumble the viewport. I can't make selections or click a tool or icon in the UI. The cursor is a hand. The View Tool (camera icon on the left hand side toolbar) IS selected but I cannot deselect it. When I click it - or any button at all - the only response is tumbling the viewport. I cannot stop tumbling!

Have I hit a key to toggle tumbling or something like that? I am a Maya user normally, so I often use Alt instead of Space and quite often hit Q or F while working. Having said that Sam (OP) is a Soft veteran.

Windows 7 64bit
Houdini FX 13.0.435
Quadro K4200 – Driver 340.66

Thanks for your help.

Dan Sidi
1799 posts
Try right clicking in network view. I think that will get u out if that state
-G
86 posts
Thanks for the tips guys. Opening a new scene view is working for me at the moment.
restposition.co.uk
  • Quick Links