Change license server name - Houdini Indie license issue

5580   1   2
23 posts
I have an email in with sidefx support but given the weekend I may not hear back until Monday and hate to have downtime this weekend so wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue.

I have a Houdini Indie license on my macbook pro and it appears I initially set the license server up to my home network and not as my computer's local host so it worked when at home connected to my network, however I am traveling and now cannot access my Indie license when I switch license server host to “local server”.

I am attempting to return the license and check out to my local host however I receive the following error:

"The specified server list '.local' does not include all hosts serving license xxxxxxx (new-host.home) Please change the server name to include all of them"

Does anyone know how to change the server name to include multiple hosts serving the same license?

I feel if I could return the license I could check it out to my local server host but being away from my home network where the license server was initially checked out to, I cannot return that license unless I can change the server name to include both server names.

It may be a sidefx support issue but thought I'd check if anyone has had this issue before.

Thanks!
31 posts
Did anyone find a solution to this? I am in the same situation, and can't work on my project because of this issue!
Edited by gyltefors - Aug. 18, 2018 01:08:46
  • Quick Links