renderman output

2806   1   1
523 posts
Hello,

I want to render with 3delight, and everything is setup.
I set Diplay device to “I-Display” in the renderman ROP.

When hitting the Render button, I get this message in the terminal window:

i-display: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: g_bytes_unref
dspy_idisplay: cannot start ‘i-display’ application
3DL ERROR D2004: failed to open display driver ‘idisplay’ (display driver returned ‘4’)
3DL ERROR D2094: failed to open display driver ‘idisplay’ (display driver returned with a null handle)

When setting Display device to “framebuffer” I got this error message:

i-display: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: g_bytes_unref
dspy_idisplay: cannot start ‘i-display’ application
3DL ERROR D2004: failed to open display driver ‘framebuffer’ (display driver returned ‘4’)
3DL ERROR D2094: failed to open display driver ‘framebuffer’ (display driver returned with a null handle)

What can this be?

Using H14.0.201.13 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

thanks

bernard
64 posts
Ha! feels like this

There are some conflicting libs in our installation (I'm using Debian - Crunchbang). If you do:
ldd /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0
you'll see a bunch of dependencies linked to the Houdini installation. Now, get rid of houdini (don't run houdini_setup_bash) and do ldd again.
See?

I've had similar problems with one particular library: libIlmImf.so and the solution (in my case) has been to rename this library (not ideal but has been working without problems in mantra/3delight). You could set up some additional
pre load variables/wrappers or simply rename a few libraries and test if something gets broken.. or use a more recent distro :roll:

Hope this helps
  • Quick Links