Newbie Question - Attribute VOP

2372   5   2
19 posts
Hello, I am brand new to Houdini (C4D user migrating) so I'm watching some video tutorials to get used to the environment (loving it so far). I've run into a problem however- tutorial I am on right now is v13, and uses a VOP SOP, which after googling I know no longer exists. I tried using the Attribute VOP to recreate the steps- basically changing the ‘Cd’ of an array of points one at a a time, and then visualizing the points using an ‘Add’ node with ‘Particle System’ checked. It is not working

Through my rudimentary knowledge and reading the help file I can infer that the data is not being received properly because the Att VOP runs in a different context… is that correct? How can I get this to behave the way I want it to?

Thanks!
636 posts
1. what you can do is post your hip file to this forum so we can look exactly how to solve it.
2. you can use h13 with the tutorials and when you are comfort switch to h14. h13 is not that bad it's very stable (normaly) :-)
3. MMB on the nodes to check if the data goes thru in the spreadsheet… and play with the attribute vop node till it work….
4. if every thing on top doesn't help….. you are screwed…. :-)
19 posts
Ok thanks, here's the .hip file

In the meantime, I'm having trouble finding a link to download apprentice v13, if you know off hand maybe you could share it with me?

Attachments:
Text FX.hipnc (150.4 KB)

443 posts
Ryan Paterson
Ok thanks, here's the .hip file

In the meantime, I'm having trouble finding a link to download apprentice v13, if you know off hand maybe you could share it with me?

you can download H13 from here:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_download&Itemid=208 [sidefx.com]
scroll down and you will find *Houdini 13.0.665
636 posts
your work is fine. :-)

the main reason was that the viewport needs some changes that you can see it better….

1. in the Viewport press d and go to the tab: background and set the Color Scheme to dark
2. Disable Display Points on the display options list
3. Select the Display Flag to the Attr Vop.

i just enabled the Attribut in the copy sop -> Attribute

Attachments:
text_fx_128_itworks.hipnc (150.8 KB)

19 posts
mandrake0
your work is fine. :-)

the main reason was that the viewport needs some changes that you can see it better….

1. in the Viewport press d and go to the tab: background and set the Color Scheme to dark
2. Disable Display Points on the display options list
3. Select the Display Flag to the Attr Vop.

i just enabled the Attribut in the copy sop -> Attribute

Excellent! Thank you. So then then the Attribute VOP is backward compatible with the VOP SOP, which makes sense
  • Quick Links