HQUEUE please help me understand error and get it working

4415   1   0
70 posts
Can someone please help me sort out this HQueue stuff, it just isn't working as it should for me. I've got three Win7 PC's currently set up, one with Houdini Indie and hserver,client and license server installed, and the other with just two client installations. I'm assuming that's right.

They can ping one another and the folders are mapped and accessible in windows explorer.

[imgur.com]

[imgur.com]

I'm also assuming the default of ‘localhost’ in hqnode.ini is not for render nodes that are trying to access the server of another computer obviously. In one of the render nodes I have the hqnode.ini file read;

server = NameOfServer
port = 5000
sharedNetwork.mount = \\localhost\hq

whilst in the other;

server = 192.168.0.SERVERIP
port = 5000
sharedNetwork.mount = \\localhost\hq

But with both I'm getting the really vague and unhelpful “Network name cannot be found.” failed message in the command output.

I also set the nodes into groups with the host node set to generate IFDs but not delete them in the hqrender node but not to be a part of the rendering (or at least I thought, by omitting it in advanced by selecting only the listed machines of another group altogether).

What happens is IFDs get generated… somewhere… and the renders fail on the node machines but somehow without declaring it the renders are actually being made on the shared folder and the ifds I can't find anywhere obvious.

Halp please.

—————

I received some help via email the problem was I was generating IFD files and Indie license does not allow this for network rendering. I also had the nodes set up incorrectly. The license server needs to be installed on each individual machine and the licenses relevant to each node need to be installed on them.
4 posts
I have this issue too. Hope anyone can help me
  • Quick Links