Can't update HDA definition

5391   2   1
8 posts
I have updated the parameter interface of an HDA and tried to “Save Operator Type” but when I re-loaad/sync-asset in Maya, the interface doesn't change. It still uses the old definition.

When I tried to update it through “Edit Operator Type Properties” the new changes were replaced by the old definition as well.

Also, how do I hide “Transformation” and “Subnet” tabs to not show up in Maya?

Thank you!
Pisut

Houdini 14.0.258
Maya 2005 Ext. 1 SP5
Windows 7 64bit
818 posts
pwisessing
I have updated the parameter interface of an HDA and tried to “Save Operator Type” but when I re-loaad/sync-asset in Maya, the interface doesn't change. It still uses the old definition.

When I tried to update it through “Edit Operator Type Properties” the new changes were replaced by the old definition as well.

Are you modifying the HDA through the “Edit Parameter Interface” dialog? That won't actually modify the HDA definition. You have to use the “Edit Operator Type Properties” dialog to make changes to the HDA's parameters.

Also, make sure that the HDA file that you're modifying in Houdini is the same one that is loaded into Maya. You could verify this by saving out the Houdini Scene file from Maya. If the asset is defined in two different HDA files, you might be modifying one HDA files, but loading the other one into Maya.

pwisessing
Also, how do I hide “Transformation” and “Subnet” tabs to not show up in Maya?
You have to hide the “Transformation” and “Subnet” by toggling them to be invisible
Andrew / アンドリュー
8 posts
Thanks, Andrew. It works now.
  • Quick Links