AMD Radeon crashes with Houdini 15

2896   3   0
8 posts
Hello,

I try to use Houdini 15 apprentice with my old AMD Radeon HD 6800 1G memory and newest graphic card drivers (Win 7), but every since I create an object and try to rotate etc. viewport, my graphic card crashes and Houdini turns to white.

Could this be related to drivers or Houdini itself?

Its time to learn Houdini, I dont want to stuck on such technical issue
Staff
5158 posts
Probably related to the drivers, my AMD FirePro doesn't have this issue. I'll fish out my Radeon 6950 and give that a spin with H15 and see if a) I can reproduce the problems and b) there's a reasonable workaround for it.

Which OS are you running on?
471 posts
twod
Probably related to the drivers, my AMD FirePro doesn't have this issue. I'll fish out my Radeon 6950 and give that a spin with H15 and see if a) I can reproduce the problems and b) there's a reasonable workaround for it.

i had this problem too in houdini 14 and have in 15.
except houdini no need 2 G of VRAM?
my graphic card is hd radeon 7770 with 1 G VRAM when i contact to support team for this problem they tell me your graphic card not supported anymore.
with this description have we more chance to using houdini 15 without this types of the crashes except buying new card?
my os is Win 7.
thanks.
Edited by - Dec. 12, 2015 04:37:41
8 posts
twod

Im running Windows 7.
Thanks for the answers guys. I hope there would be another solution than buying a new graphic card.
  • Quick Links