Hello! I'm creating a boolean of an imported obj file. The object has no thickness, so after the boolean I'm doing a polyExtrude. I'm getting some poor results, is there a node or a way to give complicated geometry thickness without destroying the mesh?
I'm guessing I need to somehow detect hard edges > turn that into an attribute > and then use that attribute to drive the extrusion distance. I'm unsure how to detect the hard edges.
Refining extrusion
2231 1 0-
- borbs727
- Member
- 29 posts
- Joined: Aug. 2014
- Offline
-
- borbs727
- Member
- 29 posts
- Joined: Aug. 2014
- Offline
I ended up finding the group by edge angle in the group SOP and the results were pretty nice.
I went into the group SOP > Number > Enable = off > Edges > Enable = on > Min Edge Angle = 95. Laid down an attribute create SOP> Name = hard_edge> Value = 1. Then put a poly extrude SOP down > Local Control > Distance Scale = on > Distance Scale = hard_edge
The file is below
I went into the group SOP > Number > Enable = off > Edges > Enable = on > Min Edge Angle = 95. Laid down an attribute create SOP> Name = hard_edge> Value = 1. Then put a poly extrude SOP down > Local Control > Distance Scale = on > Distance Scale = hard_edge
The file is below
Edited by borbs727 - June 16, 2016 15:20:13
-
- Quick Links
